Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Birchbox!

As you've noticed I have not been posting my boxes. A mix of horrible timing and me being lazy, my box posts have suffered. Do not fret, while I don't have my pictures. I will give a whole rundown of July and August.


July 2012 - (sample - brand - full size price)
  • Hello (perfume) - Harvey Prince - $55 (50ml)
  • Sunscreen Serum (2 packets) - Supergoop - $42 (1.6fl oz)
  • Bamboo UV+ Color Protector - Alterna - $24 (2.5 floz)
  • Liquid Eyeliner - Eyeko - $15 (0.07fl oz)
  • Earbuds - Birchbox Exclusive - $10 **Extra Treat**

There are a few things that I really enjoyed in here. The ear buds are fun neon colors and work great. Hello, is a great perfume. The sample came with a pump top, and the scent on top is a nice blend of citrus and floral, very light, and under I pick up the vanilla and musk notes. It is something that I could wear on a semi regular basis and not get tired of it, I would not even keep it strictly as a seasonal scent either.
I received the Eyeko eyeliner in Black, the color was a little on the thin side, but there was good staying power. My roommate received the Olive color, we both were excited to get a full size product but she does not like green that much and I have a few black eyeliners, so we swapped. The olive is much thinner, needing a couple layers, and even using a finishing spray to lock in the colors on my eyes the green still wore off on my upper lid and did not last that long. Not thoroughly impressed by the product but I would give the brand another not if I had the chance.
July was overall a good month and now that I have insanely red hair the hair protector will come in handy, seeing how summer will last another few months here in Florida. 
   




August 2012 - (sample - brand - full size price)
  • Viva La Juicy La Fleur - Juicy Couture - $70 (2.5 fl oz)
  • Moisturizing Summer Glow - Comodynes - $20.98 (1.35fl oz)
  • Self-Tanning Towelettes - Comodynes - $13.99 (8 towelettes)
  • Makeup Remover Swab - Beauty Fixation - $5 (24 applicators)
  • Razor - Schick - $9.99 **Birchbox Find**

August was a little funky for me. This was not the box I was expecting to get (insert sorta bummed face here). I took a sneak peak at my box because it didn't get shipped out until the 11th or so, and the products I saw and got super excited for were not ones that I received. I did contact customer service, and all I got was thanks for the heads up. Usually they are more accommodating or friendly for that matter, but I just did a baseline review for the products I was supposed to receive just to get my BB points.
A main reason that I was really bummed was that in my original box i was meant to get a TILI Lip Blush, and really I got self tanner. If you all knew how pale I was you would know I cannot really use either product without it looking wonky on me. Yes, I know I live in florida, but I hate the beach and I work indoors. I have a slight florida sun kiss but it does not last long lol.
The makeup remover swab/q-tip things, are great! they're one time use and perfect if you wake up after a long night and you may have passed out without cleaning your face before you had the chance too. I am really paranoid about getting soap in my eyes, and these get in the little corners to clean up the stubborn eyeliner that doesnt want to budge.
The Birchbox Find, their new must have selection that EVERY box gets one of, was the new Schick Hydro Silk razor. It is nice, it is a razor, it shaved my legs, lol. If you didn't use yours, keep it for a back up or if you are going on a trip. I did not think that it was anything special, but it did the job it was meant to do.
Overall, August was a little meh. Not the best, and not the worst I have ever received. If anyone is looking for some high-end self tanner I can send you these lol.





There is good and bad news to wrap up this post.

The good news is that I have been selected to participate in the Naturals Vox Box coming out in a month or so. I have had a chance to participate in this before and it was great! the products were fun to test out and I am really looking forward to sharing with you guys all the fun natural goodies I get.

Bad news is at the moment I have bowed out from receiving my next few boxes. I'm taking some time off from a lot of my subscriptions, to save up some money for a possible move. There is a great opportunity for me to become 28 year old freshman, lol. Okay, it isn't as bad as it sounds. I really want to get my MLS, and there is a college up north that offers a 4 year program to work through your BA and get your MLS at the end of it. It works with the schedule I have set, I am already working in the field I am just looking to get the degrees to back me up! ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment