Thursday, January 2, 2014

Dry Shampoooooo!

Since I started to dye my hair, the 'not so normal' colors, I found that dry shampoo is my new best friend. It helps my hair look clean and fresh when I go those extra few days between washes. Here are a few of my favorites and my thought on my Birchbox sample I received this month.




  • Lulu Organics®’s Lavender & Sage Organic Hair Powder - This one is different from the others that I am going to talk about. This one is non-aerosol, the full size comes in a powder/shaker container. To use it you part your hair, sprinkle some in and use your fingers to work it into your roots. The smell is of strong lavender with a touch of sage, I do like the scent. I don't mind that it is a sprinkle-in-powder, but some of it comes out in hard clumps and after working it into my hair a lot of it stuck to my scalp and was still visible even after vigorous shaking of my hair. Right now my roots are silver/lilac, so it sort of blended in, but if I had darker hair I think that it would show off a lot more than what I use now. A full size from the Birchbox store is, 4oz for $30.00.

  • Tresemme - This is my original go to. You can find it everywhere you can get Tresemme products, drug strores, Walmart, it is pretty convenient to find. There are a few different varieties from volumizing to color care. The scent is good, a pleasant fresh smell to it. This is easy to work through your hair and very little powder feel is left behind. Last time I picked it up I think it was about $6 for a can.

  • Batiste - I think I'm in love. This is a new product that I gave a go a couple weeks ago. Heads up this is going to be on my December favorites ^_^ The product amazing! The spray is super strong, puts in a lot of product with just a few spritzes. Another thing that I really enjoy about this product is there are different fragrances to choose from. I'm currently using the Paisley and Wild scents. Not too over powering, and it is nice to have something different. Batiste will be a little less convienient to locate than the Tresemme, but I've seen in at a few different places. I get mine at Ulta for $7.99 full size/ $3.99 travel.

  • Pssssst! -  This has a light spray, not too strong. It is really easy to work with and the smell is fresh, not too overpowering. Not a bad product, but compared to the ones above...this would not be my first choice. Like Batiste, I have not seen this product everywhere but I do see it around. At Ulta it is $5.99 for a full size can & $2.99 for a travel size.


Of the four different brands I have tried, the Batiste is my favorite. It seems to last a little longer and I think the more powerful spray gives better application too. To elaborate more on the different scents the product has, the Paisley one is kind of vanilla & patchouli (if my nose is picking it up right). I also have tried the Cherry, which has a subtle sweet cherry smell to it. Nothing too over powering.

I'm pretty excited that when I went to Lush last week I was able to snag a sample of a few hair products, including the dry shampoo. I will definitely update with my holiday haul and what I thought about the hair stuff as soon as I get a chance to play with it all.

Have you tried dry shampoo? Do you have a favorite? Comment below! Until next time! ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment