Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Start of Holiday Goodies!

Ho, Ho, Ho! And all of that holiday jazz. Yesterday was an amazing day and really gets me excited for all the goodies that are heading my way!

I really feel a little like crap today, but i'm sure that it has to do with the overload of AWESOME from yesterday. ^_^ Lets get into it...shall we?

After an amazingly productive day at work, and meeting with the new boss, I came home to my December Birchbox!I just got the e-mail it was shipped Tuesday and the date on my 'To Arrive' was Saturday, so I was pleasantly surprised when I opened up the mail box and there it was. I even had to double check that it was mine and not the roommates.

Inside is a wonderful assortment of things to play with. Now I did take a peak earlier this week to see what was inside, but some how I had forgotten about a couple, so that was a plus! Inside my #BBHoliday box was...

  • BeeKind Body Lotion - Honey and Chamomile
  • LuLu Organics Hair Powder - Lavender + Clary Sage
  • Secret Agent Beauty: Nourishing & Plumping Lip Gloss - Foreign Intelligence Flirt
  • BENTA BERRY - Exfoliating Facial Cleanser
  • Fatty Sundays: Gourmet Chocolate Covered Pretzels - Toasted Coconut
And you can see everything here...



Another awesome thing that happened yesterday was just before I left work I got an e-mail saying that I had won tickets to go see American Hustle! I was looking to get tickets to an advance screening of this for a while now, and my wish was granted. Seeing how I missed out on the Catching Fire and Hobbit screenings, I was very happy to get into this one. I won't go into too much detail about the movie but it was great! The trailers make it look more like a jokey comedy, but I didn't really think so. I mean it had it's funny parts but I don't think that I would classify it as a comedy. All the acting is pretty great, and I loved Christian Bale in it. He looked like such a slimeball but I think I like his more in this than super cleaned up in Batman...I know, that makes me sound gross but I like characters, and people, with flaws and something off about them. I don't think Amy Adams wears a bra in the entire movie, and I am a little jealous of that. Jennifer Lawrence played a crazy house wife very well. I don't think that it was Silver Linings Playbook good, but it is close.



Appropriately the third great thing that happened yesterday was that one of my local Ulta stores was one of the 100 chosen to be an early release point for the NAKED3 palette by Urban Decay! I went straight from the movie theater to the Ulta. I got there about 9:45 and it was empty, I was almost afraid that they wouldn't keep the presale open if no one was there. Nope, it was open while they were stocking items with a few lone ladies going in and out getting NAKED. (hehehe)
Now you know that I am an Urban Decay junky. I have been since I walked into Sephora for the first time when I was like 13. I picked up the original NAKED palette as soon as it came out, but when NAKED2 debuted I pass on it. Looking at it now, maybe I could use it, but at the time and until last night I didn't really think too much about it. Now it is time for NAKED3 and I am excite! I went to Ulta super late last night and I was just going to look at it, no commitment, no promises. I lied to myself, and just bought it. Well I looked it over for about 5 minutes, and compared it to the original and decided that I would get my money out of it. 
I don't want to go too much into it because I'm going to do it's own post, pics and all! I will play with it all week and maybe even show a few looks to do with it! ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment