Thursday, September 12, 2013

Disney fun

Fancy meeting you here! Since my last update I have done a lot!

The 3 day weekend ended up being pretty awesome. I relaxed the first day at home, in my pool, and on the next 2 days I took a little stay-cation to Disney World. I did not end up staying on property but I was able to snag an amazing deal on Priceline for $40 for a suite. That also included free drinks & snacks at the Managers Reception in the evening and a super awesome breakfast buffet in the morning. I invited a friend and her daughter along to enjoy the pool, just to get out of the in-laws house, and I couldn't leave out the hubby so he joined us. It was nice, we put the kid to bed in the room closed it off and the adults watched bad hotel tv, with a drink or two. The next day we all went to the Magic Kingdom, met up with some friends and had fun with the littles.





Later that week the same friend, her little and I arrived at our chance to have dinner at Be Our Guest! We waited 6 months to get here, and it was almost ruined by me getting this new position. >.< We get there and they had lost our reservation, but they were super awesome and were able to get us in and seated within a 30 minute window. We dined in the West Wing, like the movie it was dark and the walls/art looked like the beast had gone mad in there. There were two shinning stars in the room, one was the portrait of the Beast in human form, when the thunder and lightening went off the picture would change to the Beast and then back when things calmed down. My other favorite thing in the room was the rose. It is beautiful! It sits so pristine on a gorgeous table and under a glass dome. It looks so delicate and throughout the night slowly the petals fall away. I don't think I actually have any good photos of it, but I will share what I have below. I was not prepared with a good camera so we are dealing with my iPhone and what it can produce in low, low light.
Chicken Breast Provençal

The little did not want to eat, she has reached that phase, so she had bread and some potatoes off mom's plate. We shared the Seasonal Salad Trio, Three individual bowls of: Roasted Beet, Gold Raisin, Orange Salad and Green Bean, Tomato, Roasted Shallot Salad and Watermelon, Radish, and Mint Salad. For the main course we both ordered the Chicken Breast Provençal, Pan-seared and simmered in a rustic blend of Heirloom Tomatoes, Olives, White Wine, and fresh Herbs with Seasonal Vegetables and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. The salad trio was AMAZEBALLS! It really was. Aside from the atmosphere that was the best part of the evening. The chicken was good, I mean it was not as amazing and I was expecting and maybe it was because I was expecting SO MUCH, that I felt a little let down.
Would I recommend it...sure. If you can get a reservation. Was it worth the 6 months we waited...eh, yeah? Bottom line is that this is an amazingly well themed restaurant, just like anything else Disney makes. From the cast member's costumes to the tiles on the floor, everything looks and feels amazing. That is what I really love about Disney is the attention to detail and how important it is to get it perfect. The food is good, and I would love to try more. I feel that for what you are getting it may be a little over priced, the chicken above is $23, the steak and pommes frites is $33. Here I feel that you are paying more for the experience over the food, and I get it. Personally I would rather pay another $10 and go to Le Cellier over at EPCOT in the Canada Pavilion, but there you may not feel it is as kid friendly and dinning in a castle.

Yes, if you really want to go or try something new, do it! Give it a shot, and don't forget to visit the Beast in his study after dinner too!


I planned on sharing the last two weeks in this post but it has turned into a review on dinner, which is not all bad. This weekend my mom and brother are coming into town and doing the whole Disney experience, they even are in on the MagicBand testing *insert jealousy here* so I will post a little on that too. ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment