Saturday, June 9, 2012

A little bit of sparkle

In March, Birchbox gave each of us the opportunity to opt in for a Teen Vogue box. Basically it was a box of products that the editors of Teen Vogue picked out as great products for everyone to have. This put me into a little bit of a pickle, I wanted my regular box but I didn't want to miss out on this chance for full sized products and I knew Essie as going to be a partner in the Teen Vogue box. I was a little greedy and gifted myself 3 months on an additional account so I could get it and keep my original box, lol.


One of the products that I received was a full size Essie Luxeffects in Set In Stone. Digging through my polish drawer I thought this would look good over Skinny Dip. So I took the plunge, hehehe, and I wanted to see it over a black, a white, and all alone.


This is all silver, large and medium hexagon shaped glitter with itty-bitty rounds floating in a clear base. It isn't too busy, as you'll see it takes about 3 coats to get full coverage.



No Flash  /  Flash
Top to bottom it is ORLY - Skinny Dip (1 coat of glitter), Set In Stone (3 coats), Sally Girl - Pure (1 coat) & Wet'n'wild - Black Creme (1 coat)



My favorite picture. You really get an idea of the density of the glitter. I don't often use a glitter top coat, I like everything easy and if I can get that in one swipe it is even better, but this one is good in my book. Overall I enjoy this whole Luxeffects line from Essie, and I was able to snag the flake top coat shortly after I got this box. 

Mark this off for another reason why I remain a fan of Birchbox, and I cannot wait to get my hand on this month's! ^_~



No comments:

Post a Comment