Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hair stuffs

I decided that I wanted to go back to a more natural hair color. For the last 3 months I took a dive into the purple/grey/blond pool. While it was a lot of fun, and I wanted to go teal next, my roots were coming in bad and bleaching my hair that much, that often, is a commitment I am not ready to make.

This is as close as I have been to my natural hair color since I was 12. I have to admit I am kind of happy about this. If I hit it right on the head I will never have to touch up this dye job again! That is something that makes me a little excited.

So it got me thinking about what I use on my hair to make it stronger and healthier. These are a few of the products that I use on a daily/semi-daily basis for maintenance and upkeep.

In the shower -
  • WEN by chaz dean - For my main hair cleansing product. Favorite scent is the Winter Warm Vanilla Mint, it's like mint chocolate chip ice cream ALL OVER MY HEAD! Next in line is the Sweet Almond Mint. For those of you who don't know what WEN is here is some info.
  • Ouidad Water Works Clarifying Shampoo - I use this when I've noticed that my hair has a lot of build up from the pool I reach for this. It is gentle on colored hair, and is targeted towards people who have hard water or spend a lot of time in salt/chlorinated water. 

After the shower/to style -
  • Orofluido - It is everything I said in my last post., and more! This really is the nectar of the gods to me. On top of everything that it does for my hair, I cannot tell you how AMAZEBALLS that fragrance is! They make a shampoo and conditioner too, right now I am happy with what I have. But it is always an option.
  • WEN by chaz dean Texture Balm - This came in my starter WEN kit, and it is a great replacement for Bed Head's Manipulator that I used to use. Both are great products, but the WEN balm smells a little better and application is way easier. It comes in a push up tube, I like this better than dipping my fingers in oozy goop.
  • Volumizing Dry Shampoo by TRESemme - A cure all for the oily scalp or to get an extra day or two out of your do. When I had red hair last summer I was able to use this and keep my hair super fresh for those times that I only washed it once a week (I know it sounds gross but really it is the only way to keep your hair that red, all the time. It fades like a mother-f-er, and these are the sacrifices that must be made lol. A shower cap and dry shampoo were my two best friends). This is a great, just spray it in and shake it out. If you look around companies like Bumble and Bumble have colored hair powder that works the same but it is red or black or blond rather than just white/translucent powder.
I really do not do too much to my hair after it is dry, outside of these products it is maybe a spritz of hair spray and I am off. I try to keep my hair as low maintenance as I can. It can get out of hand sometimes, and I am always amazed at how many products I own and how few I regularly use.

I generally am pretty stingy on products, including my makeup, but I own so much of it. The new and shiny really get my attention. I will take a quick snapshot of my makeup drawers when I get a chance.

But until then,
What are your favorite hair products? Do you have a wierd hair secret that you use to keep it shiny and healthy?

1 comment:

  1. I don't use hair products. Really I haven't used shampoo in almost 2 years. When needed I use a little bit of apple cider vinegar and water mix in the shower and a teeny tiny amount coconut oil after. Works for my kids hair too, and he has amazing hair.

    Post a picture of your natural hair color!

    ReplyDelete