Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Laquer and Libations

Back before my move I had one of my favorite failed attempts at a blog. It was called Laquer and Libations, fun right? It was beverages and polish, my two loves!

I took a lazy weekend and didn't post at all (but my I did my nails and have many a pictures, so I will catch up!). I really think that the blog was under appreciated, and I did not give it enough support. So let me share with you a top 5 color pick and the beer that was just delish!




After a split day of work and school, I made my way to the Kroger down the road and made my own six-pack. The first one I tried was the Spring Woodchuck Hard Cider. YUM! I have had Woodchuck before, but this one...hmmm...I could taste something different in it.

The label reads: "This spring cider desplays notes of maple syrup and brown sugar blended with fresh apple character" Not exactly what I would consider a spring flavor, but awesome. As soon as I read maple syrup, I knew that it is exactly the 'odd' taste I could not put my finger on. A little tart, sweet, and maple-y. Delish right?

Inspires by the bottle, and the cute woodchuck, I decided to grab Zoya Shawn. I just got her in the mail, and it is a great olive green. I used 3 coats, the formula on this color seemed a little thin, but other than that I really have no complaints. After waiting so long to actually buy it, it was defiantly worth the wait.
 
  

 





What made me think of even doing this flashback was that I had an AMAZING beer over the weekend that inspired some nail art and I will soon get that posted.


I know that some people may think that alcolhol has no place with nail polish, but look at it from my point of view. I am 27, and this is a hobby. I expect grown adults to make their own decisions and I do not promote under age drinking. The only thing to beware of if you are drinking and drying, is to remember to put the lids on properly or else you may spill, and that is laquer abuse ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment