Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Girl's Best Friend...

...a sale!

Let me start by saying that I am an Urban Decay junkie! I have an entire drawer dedicated to their products. I still remember my first eye shadow pot I got from them. From the moment that I started to get into makeup they were always there for me ^_^

They recently updated the sale/clearance page and I was able to pick up some things that I had my eye on for quite some time. The big catch I got was (and it is still available) the Wizard of OZ Glenda Palette. Before there was also a Thoedora Palette, it was more greens and browns with a bright red Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color. Even at $49 it is a great value for what you get. But now it is marked down half off, that is right...only $24! If you are not familiar with the Glenda palette this is what it looks like. One of these days I will get my camera working and post my own photo, but for now...here is a lovely stock photo from Urbandecay.com



On the outside of the metal case it is white/silver with some glitter/sparkle print on it. Embossed on the top is The Great and Powerful OZ title in gold/silver. Inside is where it gets amazing, there is a huge mirror on the top. On the bottom, that's the good stuff.


Unlike most of their palettes these are full size, new shadows. There are 8 new colors in each palette, and the extra bonus is that this case also doubles as a build-your-own palette. With the kit, you also get a travel size eye liner & a full size  Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color. The total value of this is over $145 if you picked up everything separately, so let me remind you again....$24.00.

Let us get into the colors, looking at the photo above and going clockwise we have:
  • Tornado - plum, with a little bit of a metallic finish to it
  • Aura - these are two iridescent colors - white with a blue/lilac shift, the other is white with a pink/rose shift
  • Magic- dusty rose, with gold glitter
  • South - dark, warm gray with silver glitter
  • OZ - silver w/ silver glitter & gold w/ gold glitter
  • Illusion -peach, with a metallic/shimmer finish

Eyeliner:
  • Rockstar - deep, eggplant 

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color
  • Glenda - nude, beige color with just a hint of shimmer 

I love this kit, and right now the lighter colors look better with my hair. The texture is great, as will all the UD shadows the formula is smooth like butta! The big stand out for me in this whole thing is Aura. I have been searching for great iridescent colors for ages. Not only do both of the colors add a great pop on their own, but I love them over dark colors, they transform the color and it's AWESOME!

I picked up some other things but I will leave this here for now ^_~






No comments:

Post a Comment