Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pillow soft curls!

One of my other favorite things I got in my October Bitchbox is the Miss Jessie's Original Pillow Soft Curls cream.

 I do not have super curly hair, well not anymore at least, now I have (on my best day) super wavy hair. I tried this stuff out abut a week ago, and I was surprised at how soft my hair was after I used it! With all air the bleaching and processing I have put my hair through recently, it made my hair super soft. As for the curl part...it was okay. It definitely made the waves more bouncy and defined than they usually are, which is nice considering how damaged my hair is.

After a shower towel dry your hair, and while it is still damp put in about a nickel/quarter size amount all through your hair. Scrunch it up with your hands and let it air dry, or use a blow dryer, and you are ready to go. You can also use this to refresh your curls if your hair is already dry too. Just dampen your hair a bit and massage in some more product, let it air dry and you're good!

The only downside I found was the smell. I really felt that I smelled like my grandma >.< While I love my grandmas, I dont necessarily want to smell like them. I worry that it would effect any perfume that I was wearing for the day.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I would give this a 7. It is something that I would recommend to someone with curly hair, but the smell really kills it for me. Maybe I could find the right fragrance to layer with it and it wouldn't stand out so much.

A full size is 8.5 fl oz for $22.00 in the Birchbox shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment