Saturday, November 30, 2013

Supergoop!

The first time that I was introduced to this brand was in a Birchbox last summer. The last product I had the pleasure to sample was the Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum. It is a great product to wear under your makeup to add that layer of amazing sun protection.

This time I got a little tube of their Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream in Light/Medium.

This offers all of the wonderful CC benefits as well as their great SPF 35 formula. I love the consistency, not too thick, not too thin. There is very little smell to the product, which is always good. And the product can be layered for more coverage, or you can layer it under your makeup if you want more coverage.

Now...for a couple of things I didn't like, and they mostly revolve around the shades that the CC cream comes in. This is one of those Self-Adjusting color products which are always hit and miss on me. From what I understand of products like this, is they react to your pH or something. If I'm wrong or you would like to share how they work, please comment. I would love to know whats up!

Looking at this on my hand right now, in natural and inside light, it looks great! Looking at this on my face...ugh, I look like I'm wearing the wrong color and on top of that it looks like I'm wearing thick layers of makeup. I have tried this with and without my powder layered on top of it and it is way worse with the powder. This CC cream also makes my skin feel slightly sticky, almost like my skin is moist.

The only comparison that I have to a CC cream is the Dr. Jart+ CC cream which I love. I think I will break down and get this one eventually, but I'm really weary about making a purchase this pricey without giving it a solid shot (Another reason I LOVE Birchbox samples!). Another attempt at layering my powder with a BB cream is the Urban Decay BB cream and after fighting with myself to buy it, I finally broke down and picked up a travel size to try. This one I have added to my drawer of UD goodies.

The Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream is not something I will be purchasing, ever. I like the brand, and I am sure that this works for some people but I am not one of them. A full size is 1.6 fl oz for $32.00. It comes in the shades: Light/Medium & Medium/Dark.



The powder I mentioned that I use above, is the Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup in Dream. I hated this when I first picked it up, now after using it so much, and I apply it with a brush instead of using the puff it originally came with, I love it! The Surreal Skin is something I would love to talk more about...but I guess they stopped making it, just my luck. Maybe another day, I can go through my UD drawer, yes it is one fairly large space dedicated just to Urban Decay makeup. ^_~




No comments:

Post a Comment