Tuesday, November 5, 2013

ChapStick & Joie!

The last two items that were hidden in my Birchbox, was the perfume & the find of the month; ChapStick.

Let's start with the perfume. The name is Folle de Joie eau de Parfume, meaning crazy with joy, by Joie. This is really a great, light woodsy perfume. It is something right up my ally in terms of something that I could wear all day, or even out for a date. The scent profile looks like this, on top there are citrus and light woodsy floral notes. The middle notes are of jasmine and rose. To round it out, there is leather and deep wood notes. Minus the jasmine and rose, everything I just wrote makes me a little excited. Since finding my current perfume oil company I have been a little more picky about what I wear, and this will go into the mix. At the moment I have so much perfume to go through so I will not be purchasing a full size right now, but it will definitely be an option in the future. The price is on par with any fancy perfume, but I say it's worth it!

Full size is 3.4 fl oz for $98.00

The Birchbox find this month was the ChapStick Hydration Lock. This comes from a brand that everyone is familiar with, from young to old everyone has some stashed away somewhere. This boasts a new formula that gives up to 8 hours of hydrating protection! The formula includes CoQ10 & vitamin E, for a super rich texture and protection from the harsh colder seasons. The scent/flavor is Vanilla Creme, and it is rather lovely. I can be a little picky about what I put on my lips, I usually go for mint, or vanilla. This was tossed in the box for an added extra, the good thing about the "Finds" is that it does not count against your original samples. The better part is...it is like a bonus 10 points once you give a quick review.

Full size of this will throw you back somewhere between $3 & $5, and you can find it in your local pharmacy or most places you shop for makeup.




All together this was a great box, and I really dig how these posts worked out. As some of you know November is National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo. This month I am not going to write a novel but I am going to make it a point to blog the 50,000 word goal. It takes 30 days to start or stop a habit, so I'm hoping that over the next few weeks I will be able to get things moving!

I'm looking forward to this journey and I'm so glad that you are all along for the ride with me! ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment